Quotations to Live (Teach) By

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein


Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Help! I need to design a class

I have seven days to design a class and build a syllabus for it. My debate is exactly what the class will be about. Some ideas:

  1. Poetry Slam: Writing and Performance.
  2. Teaching Poetry Slam: Using poetry slam in the English classroom.
  3. Encouraging Student Activism: Integrating activism into the secondary classroom.
  4. Other ideas

Obviously, the first option is creative writing, whereas the other two are for future teachers. They have to be housed in the English Department, so I need to frame them as English classes.

The first two classes having to do with poetry slam would be fairly easy to build. I am very vague on what the third class would look like. However, this is tightly tied to my dissertation research, so it's pretty applicable.

Suggestions? Advice? Mild chiding?

No comments: