Quotations to Live (Teach) By

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein


Thursday, April 26, 2007

TED | Talks | Richard Baraniuk: Goodbye, textbooks; hello, open-source learning (video)

I don't know if anyone from class will be keeping up on our blogs, but I plan to continue using this one for my thoughts on education.

My friend sent me a link to this video about the end of textbooks. I think this is pretty relevant to our conversations this semester. It's all about using open source tools to bring content from authors to students. I like the idea of on demand publishing that gets rid of the middleman. It brings cost down and significantly reduces the turn around time. I am most interested in how students could customize exactly what they're going to be reading.

It's an 18 minute video, so have some spare time if you want to watch it.

Richard Baraniuk: Goodbye, textbooks; hello, open-source learning

No comments: